- 03 Aug 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
- Updated on 03 Aug 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Jira is a software development tool used for issue tracking and project management. It is designed to help teams plan, track, and discuss work across multiple projects. Jira is widely used in the software industry and can be customized to fit the needs of various teams and organizations. Traceable provides an option to integrate your Jira project. The Jira integration gives you flexibility to file a Jira ticket directly from the Traceable platform.
The integration process consists of a set of operations in your JIRA project and Traceable platform. Make sure that you are the JIRA administrator rights to integrate JIRA with Traceable.
The integration process requires switching between Traceable Platform and your JIRA project.
- Steps in Traceable Platform
- Steps in JIRA project
- Steps in Traceable Platform – part 2
Steps in Traceable Platform
Complete the following steps in Traceable UI
- Log in to your Traceable account and Navigate to Integrations → Project Management and click on Configure on the Jira card.
- Add the Jira Integration Public key in the Add New Integration window. Make sure to keep this window open, as we will return to it after completing steps in the Jira project.
Steps in JIRA project
Navigate to your JIRA project and complete the following steps. Make sure that you have the administrator rights.
- In your JIRA project, navigate to Settings > Products.
- Click on Application links under Integrations from the left-hand side menu.
- Click on Create link button on the Application links page.
- Select the Direct application link radio button in the Create link pop-up window. Add https://app.traceable.ai/ in the Application URL field and click on Continue.
- Click on Use this URL checkbox in the Configure Application URL pop-up window and click on Continue.
- In the Review link pop-up window, enter the Application Name as traceable.ai, select the Create incoming link checkbox and click on Continue.
- In the next Review link pop-up window, enter a Consumer Key and the Consumer Name. Enter the Public Key that you copied in the previous section from Traceable UI. Make a note of the Consumer Key to be used in the Traceable Platform.
Steps in Traceable Platform – part 2
Return to the JIRA integration window that you have kept open. Complete the following steps:
- Navigate to the Administration () > Configuration > Integrations from the previous section.
- Fill the remaining details as shown below. Enter the consumer key that you copied in step 7 of the Steps in Jira section.
- Click Generate Secret Key. This will generate a link to fetch the secret key as shown above.
- Click on the generated link in step 3 and add the secret key as shown below.
- Click on Save to complete the steps.
This will integrate your JIRA project with Traceable.